Jamie Evans is a writer and freelance YA and romance editor. She holds a certificate in publishing from the Columbia Publishing Course, and previously worked as the in-house editor for a boutique literary agency. Jamie has also worked as a copyeditor at Forbes Travel Guide and a copywriter for a marketing agency in Atlanta.
- Editor of Stupid Girl by Cindy Miles, which hit the #3 spot on the Apple Books bestseller list, as reported by Publishers Weekly
- Editor in chief of Alloy Literary Magazine at Emory University
- Graduated magna cum laude in creative writing from Emory University
- Recipient of 2012 Artistine Mann Award in Creative Nonfiction for Best Nonfiction Written by an Emory Undergraduate
- Original one-act play Is Zoe’s Room Available? was fully staged and produced with Theater Emory, a professional theater company in residence at the university
- Multiple publications in The Emory Pulse and Alloy Literary Magazine
Blogs and Articles
Interested in working in publishing? Check out Jamie’s LinkedIn article, 10 Things I Learned at the Columbia Publishing Course.
Jamie is also featured on the Reedsy blog! Learn about the differences between middle grade and young adult fiction in her post, Young Adult vs. Middle Grade: Which Are You Writing?